Thursday, August 6, 2009

Juggling life

Just trying to take my mind off of everything that has been bothering me as of late and that includes food. No one should have to spend so much time thinking about food. People laugh at me because I tell them that eating is a serious inconveinence to me. Maybe it's because I don't obtain a great deal of joy from cooking and the idea of doing it 3 times a day is a bit much.

I do love to bake though.

The boys are back to school as of last Monday. On one hand it's nice because now I can get back to my daily ritual of yoga and meditation. On the other hand I am used to lazy summer mornings where I don't have to get up to the screeching buzzing sound of an alarm. I don't think there is a noise I despise more than am alarm going off. I even cringe when I hear them go off in movies or sitcoms. There is just something unatural about waking up when it's still dark outside, but then again maybe it's just me since I'm a nightowl.

I've been trying to balance my life a little more lately...boyfriend, family, kids, creative outlet, housework, but it seems like I can't keep up in all areas. Something has to give in area in order for me to make time for another area of my life. How do people make it work I wonder. I think the inabilty to manage all aspects of my life must have something to do with my ADHD or perhaps it's the perfectionist in me. I dunno...Either way I'm spending my morning playing with dolls like any normal mother should be doing when the kids are off to a grueling day of school. Jay is going to school sans medication for his ADHD. I'm just waiting for the phone to ring. It inevitably will...

0 comments: