Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Sewing Superhero

I managed to find time the other night to sew. I have two machines and I had one ready to go but I needed to wind a bobbin. No problem, right? Wrong. For whatever reason the thread kept flying off the machine! I tried the spool cap but it wasn't holding the thread on. I finally gave up and decided to get my kenmore machine out. I ended up having a stuck handwheel and the needle wouldn't budge. I threw my hands up in frustration after trying to fix it for an hour.

The next day I asked my grandma to take a look at my Kenmore. I also told her what was wrong with the Singer. She said she'd take a look at both my machines if I wanted her to. The woman is a sewing superhero because she had them both fixed in an afternoon! Can we say HAPPY! I was thinking I was going to have to start saving for a new machine.

I began sewing on the Kenmore last night and it is sewing like a dream!

0 comments: